JVA SANCTIONED EVENT TEAM REQUIREMENTS PER JVA POLICIES
THIS IS WHERE A LOT OF TEAMS RAN INTO ISSUES LAST SEASON! PLEASE, MAKE SURE YOUR TEAMS ARE ALL SET IN ADVANCE.
APPROPRIATE BACKGROUND SCREEN AND TRAINING
Any adult on the bench and participating athlete MUST be on the signed roster turned in at team check-in.
All adults listed on the roster must complete the Background Screen and APS training unless they have a USAV screen and Safe Sport certification. Here is what each adult on the roster will need to do in order to be ready for all JVA-sanctioned events this season.
(1) If the individual is a JVA member and has a current background screening through 2021, they are all set!
(2) If the individual has a USAV membership, their USAV background screen and Safe Sport certification is sufficient and they will not need to take the JVA training. HOWEVER, action is still needed. EITHER the individual will need to go to JVA Registration and do the following: click on the affiliations page, select USAV, and enter in their USAV number. OR someone with the club can email JVA directly a list of all adults on their teams' rosters with the First Name, Last Name, and USAV number of each individual. That list can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) If the individual does NOT have a current background screen and training through USAV or JVA, they will need a background screening and APS training.
A JVA screening is good for two years. If done within this last year, they are already set! If not, they will need to do this in order to meet JVA policy. Please, make sure to complete this step early enough to be current come game day.
PREPARE THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK IN ADVANCE
JVA Participant Release and Liability Form for each participating athlete. Coaches need to have these on them at all times at JVA event. Hard or electronic copies.
Medical Release/Waiver Form for each participating athlete. USAV/AAU forms are allowed. Coaches need to have these on them at all times at JVA events. Hard or electronic copies.
JVA Coaches Event Sign-In Form for each participating team. This is part of team check-in with every JVA event.
AES Event-Specific Roster for each participating team. See more under “Roster Requirements.” This is part of team check-in with every ACE event.
JVA ROSTER REQUIREMENTS
Rosters are to be entered in AES for each event by the Saturday prior to the tournament weekend. Each roster should include the following:
(1) Any adult that will be on the bench and any participating athlete.
(2) For all adults, “Yes” or other form of confirmation in the column titled “BG Screen. Ver.”
(3) Jersey numbers and birthdays for all participating athletes.
NOTE Plugging in a coach's email address does not ensure that they will receive tournament emails as they must opt-in with whichever email is being used to receive AES emails. Read the section above that goes over ensuring everyone receives the proper emails. COACHES, I would suggest you check with your Club Directors to make sure you are receiving appropriate information. The sooner the better so that no important information is missed.
TEAM CHECK-IN REQUIREMENT
Check-in will be the Saturday of each tournament prior to each team's first match. If your roster does not not show membership numbers for everyone listed, check on the status of the individual with AAU and that all information needed has been integrated into AES appropriately.
An adult club representative of each team must turn in a printed and signed AES roster specific to this event to the Tournament Director at the team's venue prior to playing.